Construction Law Attorney
Sacks Tierney is seeking an attorney with 2-7 years of construction litigation and/or litigation experience to join our thriving construction practice. For more than five decades, Sacks Tierney construction lawyers have represented builders, contractors, subcontractors, owners, and developers. Our attorneys are leaders of the Construction section of the Arizona State Bar Association, as well as other legal, civic, and trade groups involved in the construction industry. Candidates seeking to become a part of this dynamic team must have strong academic credentials, relevant work experience, and be licensed to practice in Arizona (or have the ability to be admitted via reciprocity in short order). If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to our Director of Human Resources, Laura Boulanger.
Commercial Finance Attorney
Sacks Tierney is seeking an attorney with 2-7 years of commercial and/or public finance experience to join our firm as an associate or junior partner. Applicants must have excellent training and experience in lending transactions including due diligence, drafting and negotiating loan documentation, and administering closings in one or more of the following areas: commercial, real estate, public finance, tribal finance, and/or project finance. The attorney applicant must be licensed to practice in Arizona. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Boulanger.
Sacks Tierney is seeking a full-time bankruptcy paralegal with a minimum of five years of experience needed for the firm’s expanding practice group. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-level business bankruptcy matters, including case intake, federal, and state court filings, knowledge of Best Case bankruptcy software, strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, attorneys, and staff; and the ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Perform the full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through case closure for Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcies.
- Docket and monitor court and other case deadlines for the bankruptcy group.
- With attorney direction, draft and prepare correspondence, objections, proofs of claims, notices, motions, bankruptcy pleadings, and other documents as necessary.
- Electronically file documents with various courts (U.S. Bankruptcy, U.S. District Courts, and state courts)
- Prepare files and notes for hearings.
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, Dunn & Bradstreet, Pacer, and Best Case Bankruptcy software.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, iManage (or other DMS), and legal billing software.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork and a strong client service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a large caseload.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
- Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred OR Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required.
- At least five years of bankruptcy experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Laura Boulanger.