“I work hard to move complex deals to a successful conclusion, often on a short fuse for closing. ‘Deal killer’ is not in my job description, and I believe that protecting my clients’ legal interests and helping them achieve their business goals are compatible objectives.”
Matt’s clients in complex business and financial transactions benefit from his litigation experience, which helps him detect contract terms and provisions that, if left uncorrected, could fuel future legal action.
Since 2015, Matt’s closed transactions total approximately $142 million in business acquisitions and sales, $110 million in real estate transactions, and $100 million in loan transactions, including:
- $9.2 million purchase of 12 retail franchises
- $17.7 million stock sale of an Arizona community bank to a national bank holding company
- $12.6 million loan package – comprised of secured loans and revolving and non-revolving lines of credit for operations and equipment – to a group of obligors consisting of a primary borrower and its 14 affiliates
- $22 million purchase of a Tucson multifamily property
- 8 million sale of an online marketplace
- $7.6 million stock sale of a communications company in a strategic acquisition financed by a call fund
Matt currently is a board member of Folds of Honor, Arizona Chapter. He was the 2015-2016 chair of the Fiesta Bowl and Cactus Bowl board of directors and is a past chair of Ryan House, which provides respite and palliative care for children with life-threatening conditions and their families.
Matt, his wife and their two sons live in central Phoenix. He is a college sports fanatic and an avid reader of Civil War history.